Financial Assistance Policy - news

Financial Assistance Policy


Financial Assistance, Payment Plans, Discounts, Charity Care Policy and Collection Procedures

If Facility believes that you have health insurance and/or HMO coverage(s) that may cover some or all of the Services, Facility may initiate contact with them to determine your cost-sharing responsibilities for Facility’s’ bill. You may contact them directly as well for additional information concerning your cost-sharing responsibilities. If Facility determines that you have cost-sharing responsibilities for Facility’s bill, in accordance with Facility’s financial assistance policies, you will be required to pay your cost-sharing responsibilities in full on or before Services are provided. The Facility’s financial assistance policies are that if you are unable to pay your cost-sharing responsibilities in full on or before Services are provided, because you believe you are medically indigent, or you are not covered by any health insurance or HMO, upon request, the Facility, in its sole discretion, may offer you a discount on the amount due and/or offer a payment plan. Any such discount is considered by Facility to be “charity care.” There is no formal application process for obtaining “charity care” at Facility.

Facility’s standard collection policy is to produce and send one or more bills to patients for their cost sharing amounts, which if not paid on a timely basis, may then be placed with an attorney or collection agency to pursue such unpaid amounts. If accounts are placed with an attorney and/or collection agency, the costs charged by the attorney and/or collection agency will be passed onto the patient to pay, and the patients’ credit score may be negatively impacted.

Upon your request, and before the provision of non-emergency care at Facility, you can receive a good faith estimate of anticipated charges for the treatment of your condition at the Facility. This estimate must be provided to you within seven (7) days of the request being received by the Facility. To obtain this request, you can call the Business Office Manager at (954) 312-3505.

For More Information, CALL

(954) 312-3500